Flavour Warehouse Ltd
The role of Laboratory Analyst is a key role, instrumental to Flavour Warehouse Ltd achieving and maintaining its vision to be the world’s most trusted e-liquid manufacturer and distributor. This role sits in the Quality and Compliance team, working with and assisting the Quality and Compliance Manager to fulfill the organisation’s quality strategy.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The main focus of this role is taking responsibility for testing raw and finished products to ensure the highest levels of manufacturing compliance are maintained, including but not limited to:
- raw materials to ensure they are of correct standard
- finished goods for nicotine testing to ensure they comply with the claim
- products for carbonyls to ensure they are free or within safe limits
- support new product development through testing on raw materials and finished products
- finished products to help investigate product attributes related customer complaints
- supporting the Compliance Officer in notification submissions
- testing randomly selected samples, send to independent lab in timely manner for verification purpose and retesting for confirmation any samples/products which fail test and highlight any fail results to management and product development team
Other key responsibilities include:
- Ensure Compliance with H & S policies and procedures
- Carry out duties in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures and to report any concerns to the Chief Operating Officer
- Be proactive in identifying, gaining agreement and implementing improvements to the production areas.
- Responsible for interfacing with regulatory agencies as related to facilities, process, material and personnel; interface with senior management and staff to assure proper planning
- Undertake ongoing review and improvements to documentation and processes
- Ensure excellent customer service to our customer base, ensuring that expectations are not only met but exceeded.
- Liaise with managers and staff of other functions to facilitate good communication and the elimination of barriers.
- Development, implementation and ownership of risk and issues log for departments
- Supporting all testing requirements to ensure products are compliant and safe before launched in the market
- Compliance with TPD and GMP guidelines.
- Liaison with other teams to ensure all operations are running smoothly and any communication issues are resolved quickly
- Receive great feedback from key stakeholders (internally /externally) and customers.
- Successful customer and regulatory audits
- Certification of laboratory from recognised accredited industry body
Competency requirements for the role:
- Customer Focus
- Personal Integrity
- Drive and resilience
- Team working
- Developing self and others
- Science related degree
- Previous working experience on GCMS particularly Shimadzu and other lab analytical methods specifically related to e liquids industry
- Previous TPD/CLP working experience
- Confident to write and validate new methods for e liquid testing
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to manage tasks efficiently with a high attention to detail;
- Good problem management skills – focus on finding the right solutions and problem solving;
- Ability to test density, flash point and refractive index of liquids and familiar with use of the testing relevant equipment
- Works successfully as part of a team, sharing knowledge, collaborating with and supporting colleagues;
- Motivated, results and delivery focused with a commitment to quality of work;
- Demonstrates sound judgement and knows when to escalate;
- Commitment to the highest level of integrity;
- An understanding of working across cultural boundaries;
- Flexible in approach and adaptable to change;
- Resilient and calm under pressure;
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages (Word; Excel; Powerpoint)
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience of working in ISO 9001 and 17025 certified environments
- Demonstrable knowledge of food/pharma manufacturing practices
Source: Vampire Vape Job Feed